1. If you wear makeup, why do you wear makeup and how often do you wear makeup?
I wear a tiny bit of foundation, most days nothing at all.
2. What made you want to participate in this portrait series?
I love the naturalness of the lighting and the way the characters of the women shine through.
3. Is being completely makeup free something that makes you feel in any way uncomfortable?
No, it doesn't make me uncomfortable and I often don’t wear any. When I was a kid we had a dressing up box with my mum’s leftover makeup.
I still think of makeup as something from the dressing up box, a bit of play and nothing serious.
4. Are there specific factors (positive or negative) that have influenced how you feel about how you look?
When I was about 20 years old I wanted to become more active so I began running and going to the gym. It allowed me to appreciate what I was capable of and own my strength. Now I run marathons, swim the length of lakes and do CrossFit regularly. My body is for me to be in, not for someone else to judge or even look at.
5. If there was one piece of advice for the future you could give your younger self, what would it be?
All of your life experiences become the culmination of who you are. Life is constantly changing and evolving - absolute good and bad don’t exist the way we often believe.
6. When have you felt most empowered in your life?
Crossing the finish line of a half Ironman. It was a lot of training and dedication, I feel really proud that I completed it.
7. Is there a woman fictional or real that you admire? Why?
I admire all the strong and courageous women in my life who push their own personal boundaries and step out of their comfort zones.
8. What quality do you most admire in yourself?
Kindness and compassion.
9. Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of? Why?
Moving halfway around the world to a new country I’d never been to, and feeling brave.
10. In daily life what are the pressures you feel most exposed to specifically as a woman?
I am a very private person, being more public is a challenge and pressure for me so I try to confront that. Doing this project with you has been a part of that.