1. If you wear makeup, why do you wear makeup and how often do you wear makeup?
I wear minimal make up daily if I am leaving the house as I feel self conscious going bare faced. I have a lot of blemishes even though I'm now 30 and my dark under eye circles my make me look like death . I like to let my skin breath and go makeup free when I'm spending time at home. I wish I had the confidence to go makeup free more often . But especially with the trend of wearing so much make up at the minute I feel very undone when I go out without it.
2. What made you want to participate in this portrait series?
I wanted to be part of this series as I think it's important to be confident with how you look and it's a good thing to inspire young girls especially show them it's ok to not hide your face.
3. Is being completely makeup free something that makes you feel in any way uncomfortable?
It's a work in progress with me but I am now trying to concentrate on good skin care and diet as opposed to covering myself up with make up and hiding under it .
4. Are there specific factors (positive or negative) that have influenced how you feel about how you look?
There's always been a feeling of pressure to look a certain way for woman that has had a very negative effect on me especially growing up. Age has had a much more positive effect on me.
5. If there was one piece of advice for the future you could give your younger self, what would it be?
Advice for younger self would definitely be to work with what you have instead of trying to look like something you're not , there's no beauty in everyone looking the same . Get my diet and sleep pattern in order before running to the make up counter for quick fixes , and also to stay away from sunbeds .
6. When have you felt most empowered in your life?
The most empowered I ever felt about myself would be when I was studying beauty therapy and really taking care of my skin etc. This allowed me to confidently carry myself without hiding under a layer of make up as my skin was clearer and healthier looking . And I just generally felt better about myself .
7. Is there a woman fictional or real that you admire? Why?
I admire women who aren't afraid to just be themselves and just put themselves out there . I think confidence of self is an incredible quality to have . I think Emma Watson and Keira Knightly are two women who do this splendidly.
8. What quality do you most admire in yourself?
I think what I like most about myself is that I have learned to be kind regardless of what other people and life throw at me , I have learned to look past seeing it as something personal because it's not always about you but how the other person is feeling and what they need.
9. Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of? Why?
My greatest personal achievement to date would be plucking up the courage to start modelling as it's something I always wanted to do but never thought I would be good enough or pretty enough to do it .
10. In daily life what are the pressures you feel most exposed to specifically as a woman?
Some of the biggest pressures I feel woman face growing up and as adults is that we are meant to look , act and behave in certain way because a magazine or tv etc tells you that's how you're supposed to be , it can be hard to just be yourself when everything around you is telling you that's wrong .